In an unheard of departure from the normal publishing schedule of the Friday puzzle, this week’s edition comes to you a day early. I’m not sure the normal time-space continuum will be able to cope with this, but let’s see what happens.
First, the answer to last week’s puzzle:
A farmer was asked how many chickens he had sold at market that day. His reply was: “I’ve had four customers today, and each bought half of my remaining chickens, plus a half chicken.” The farmer sold all of his chickens at market that day. How many chickens did the farmer sell?
The answer was 15 chickens.
This week’s puzzle:
These words can all have a letter added and then be rearranged to make a new 5-letter word. The letters added spell a 9-letter word. What are the new words? HERB, BANG, KEEN, SUIT, QUAD, WHEY, CELL, TOIL WILD
- ALT/1977: We Are Not Time Travellers
- Vortex Cannon! – Bang Goes the Theory Preview – BBC One
- How The Budget Will Affect Your Pointless, Money-Obsessed Life
- London Overground Announcements Went Nuts
- Oil in the Gulf, two months later
- Fail Whale
- A heavily compressed collision of two memes
- Calvin & Steve Jobs
- V for Vuvuzela
- Brassroots – Karma Police (Radiohead)
- Star Trek: Tik Tok
- Another Breakthrough For The Low Budget Filmmaker
- Twitter: The Criterion Collection, Vol II
- I Dream In Retro
- Shawn Smith, Pixel Sculptures
- Real Life Portal Gun
- Barbican Photos