- People are rightly outraged and concerned by treatment of older people in residential care settings
- People are horrified by events such as Winterbourne View, and how vulnerable people are treated in some institutions
- People very rarely think about any future care and support needs they might have, and what they might do about this
- People (or those that have thought about it) generally agree there isn’t enough money in the social care system
- People don’t want to sell their house to help meet any future care and support needs they might have
- People don’t want to pay for social care from general taxation
- People: we need to get a grip. Politicians: so do you.