I’m involved in the Strengthening DPULOs Programme, which aims to build the strength and sustainability of disabled people’s user-led organisations (DPULOs). More information about the programme is available here.
Part of the programme involves 12 Ambassadors who represent the programme at a local level, as well as others in the overall delivery of the programme.
Social media – as you would hope – is playing a key part in the programme and how we engage with our various stakeholders, particularly including DPULOs themselves.
I’m keen to ensure that all Ambassadors and people involved in the delivery of the programme are starting from the same place and level when it comes to social media.
To do this, I want to bring someone in who can deliver a half-day social media session, which is where you hopefully come in!
Thus, I’m looking for someone who:
- Knows their way around social media
- Has experience of delivering short sessions (half a day) on the practicalities of using social media to a range of people with different levels of experience
- Has a good understanding of disability issues, including accessibility
- Has a good understanding of the voluntary and community sector
- Is available to deliver this training on 1 December in London
I have up to £200 available for the half-day (this figure includes any development time), plus travel expenses.
If you’re interested, please @ / DM me (I’m @rich_w) or leave a comment below by Wednesday 2 November. I’ll be looking for a very brief (less than one side) note on how you hit the bullet points above, plus a current CV, from which the trainer will be selected.
After that, we’ll then nail down the full details over the first couple of weeks in November.
If you have any questions, please get in touch. Similarly, if you know someone who may be interested, please pass this on.