I know, I know. You’d got used to a regular Friday puzzle – it’s alluded to in the title, and you were beginning to get worried about where the next one was coming from.
Well, here it is. I’m not sure how to break it to you, though – there won’t be another one for several weeks. Difficulties in the supply chain.
I’m sure you’ll manage. There’s plenty of stuff on the internet to keep you occupied. (No, not that – ed.)
Here’s last week’s puzzle:
I am compiling the BrainBashers world almanac and it now contains lots of pages. I know that it takes 121 digits to print the page numbers in sequence. How many numbered pages does the book have and how many times does the number 9 appear?
And here’s the answer: there are 65 pages and the number 9 appears 6 times.
Here’s this week’s puzzle:
My local bus company has recently expanded and no longer has enough room for all of its buses. Twelve of their buses have to be stored outside. If they decide to increase their garage space by 40%, this will give them enough room for all of their current buses, plus enough room to store another twelve in the future. How many buses does the company currently own?
And here are the other links. Be careful – these will have to last you.
- Password Reuse
- Being a Dickhead’s Cool
- Luck: A Compilation of Close Calls
- Neo Lebowski
- The Digital Agencies of the Future!
- Just a Little S’More
- How to climb to the top of a transmission tower (not for anyone with a fear of heights)
- To Life: Vanessa’s Wedding Surprise
- How Much is Inside A Bottle of Wine?
- Deep Fried Beer
- If God Were on Facebook
- This was done with a slide rule
- PCI Data Security Standards Rock
- Robert De Niro
- Team Fortress 2 – Knights of the Round Table
- Far, Far Away – Gorgeous Star Wars Prints
- Japanese Precision
- Carry On Potter
- Hombrew Cray-1A
- HA! Do THAT in HTML5
- Hipster Dinosaurs
- Cache Rules Everything Around Me
- Footage Shows Inside Of Cruise Ship During Rough Seas
- London Cycle Hire Explorer