It may very well be that you get 2 Friday Puzzles today. Think of it as a BOGOF special from your very own arbitrary constant.
Anyway, here’s last week’s puzzle:
At the recent race meet, the 100 metres heats were closely monitored. Each contestant had to run in two races so that the average place could be determined. Only one runner finished in the same place in both races. Alan was never last. Charlie always beat Darren. Brian had at least one first place. Alan finished third in at least one of the races. Both Darren and Charlie had a second place. What were the two results?
The answer was: Race 1: Brian, Charlie, Alan, Darren. Race 2: Charlie, Darren, Alan, Brian.
Here’s this week’s puzzle, courtesy of Brainbashers:
A cricketer’s average in his first 18 innings was 16.5 runs. After a further 8 innings, his average had increased to 32.5 runs. What was his average for the last 8 innings? Note: you don’t need any cricket skills to solve this puzzle, nor do you need to know what an innings consists of.
- Protect Your Privacy Opt Out of Facebook’s New Instant Personalisation – Yes You Have to Opt Out
- The Common People
- Ash and Lightning Above an Icelandic Volcano
- Android vs. iPhone
- Time Traveler Caught in Museum Photo?
- Lufthansa get in on the lost iPhone hype
- The Trustworthiness of Beards
- HTML5 is my Arcade
- As Seen on TV – a tribute to doing it wrong
- Last night’s debate in 60 seconds
- Fire Box
- Colour Changing Card Trick
One thought on “Friday puzzle, no.14 (one week later edition)”
qualidade do filme ta mt boa